[LinuxPPS] offsets

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 2 11:25:18 CET 2007

clemens at dwf.com wrote:
(...)
> There has to be something really bad going on with your GPS unit at this
> time since looking at my GPS (two different Oncore's), I see a jitter of 0.001
> Your jitter is showing a factor of x1000 worse.
>
> Are you using a current version of NTP?

Yes and yes.
I remembered to check the /dev/ links.
`/bin/setserial -v /dev/ttyS0 low_latency hardpps` had not run because
of the rc.serial change and my still pending questions about udev and
running this setserial from there.
So there was no /dev/pps0 (just a link with that name), etc.

Problem fixed.

Now I only need some udev guru with the right tip to have udev run the
setserial line for /dev/ttyS0 every time.
Anybody?