[LinuxPPS] offsets

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sat Dec 1 20:59:21 CET 2007

Well, I certainly have no guess at a solution, but the jitter for your GPS
it REALLY high (0.990).  And its currently higher than the jitter from a
several of your Ethernet sources (0.265, 0.230, 0.654, 0.353, 0.294) so the
fact
that it isnt chosen isnt surprising...

There has to be something really bad going on with your GPS unit at this
time since looking at my GPS (two different Oncore's), I see a jitter of 0.001
Your jitter is showing a factor of x1000 worse.

Are you using a current version of NTP?
There was a time in the last couple of months when I seemed to have the
jitter/dispersion go down to what I considered a 'poor' value and hold there
for what seemed to be a couple three hours before finally pulling down a
couple more orders of magnitude to a 'good' value.  I havent seen that
behaviour recently, but dont know if something was fixed or Im just not
looking at the right time...

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com