[LinuxPPS] linuxpps and parallel report

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Fri Jan 12 22:07:22 CET 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 08:25:27AM -0800, gnu not unix wrote:

> So far the only problem is that I tried the atom "fudge flag2 1"
> (to use the opposite edge of the TTL signal)
> and got a kernel error logged (line split for clarity):
>
> Jan 11 22:27:28 wraith ntpd[2289]:
>     refclock_atom: time_pps_setparams failed: Invalid argument

That's why lp PPS source is defined as follow:

   port->pps_info.mode = PPS_CAPTUREASSERT | PPS_OFFSETASSERT | \
                   PPS_ECHOASSERT | \
                   PPS_CANWAIT | PPS_TSFMT_TSPEC;

as did into PPSkit... if you wish enable capturing on both edges you
should use PPS_CAPTUREBOTH in place of PPS_CAPTUREASSERT and add
PPS_OFFSETCLEAR.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127