[LinuxPPS] Undefined structure in timepps.h

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Tue Jun 26 11:45:13 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 12:52:26AM -0600, clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> The timepps.h.new.syscall.API
> that is pointed to in your e-mail is the wrong one to be using.
> It uses a undefined structure pps_source_data_s.
>
> In fact, there is a newer *.h file (different name) that SEEMS to work
> called simply
>     timepps.h
>
> OK, that one works in ppstest, but NOT in my test program. So
> something is wrong or has changed.  Since ppstest has all its own
> internal routines this is going to take some time to check out, but
> I do use find_path rather than the find_source used by ppstest.

On my website I left timepps.h compatible with the old API since new
API is still in develop(ing) branch and there are no documentation for
it (apart this ML :).

So, for the old API you have to use timepps.h or timepps.h.old.nl.API
(they are just the same file) but for the new API you have to use
timepps.h.new.syscall.API.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127