[LinuxPPS] success

James Boddington boddingt at internode.on.net
Fri Nov 2 10:46:18 CET 2007

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:

>>> The offset remains constant? Each time you load the PPS support you
>>> got the same result.
>> There is no problem with the offset. The only problem was the different
>> sequence numbers with assert and clear and have not seen that since.
>
> Can you replicate this situation?

I can now. It is a side effect of having to have the serial port open to get
the  interrupts on the dcd line. If there is an assert event and the serial
port is  closed before the clear event there will me more assert recorded than
clear.

The day it happened I was using cat /dev/ttyS0 to open the serial port so I
would get the interrupts. I am guessing I killed cat after an assert and before
   a clear giving me more asserts than clears.

Have been playing. I got the following by timing when I opened and closed the
serial port. I timed it so the serial port was opened after the start of the
second. This meant the assert was missed and the port was open long enough to
capture the clear event. End result is I have 10 more clear than assert recorded.

assert 1193993798.999997289#115096
clear  1193993810.099998731#115106

--
    James