[LinuxPPS] no rc.serial in F8

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 19 10:53:52 CET 2007

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 05:09:16PM +0100, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I noticed that Fedora 8 does not support rc.serial anymore and now
>> expects udev rules to take that place.
>>
>> What would be the equivalent for:
>>
>> /bin/setserial -v /dev/ttyS0 low_latency hardpps
>
> I don't know, I'm sorry. But for hardpps you may use ppsctl and for
> low_latency you may modify ppsctl... :)

It is not about the command itself but WHERE the command is executed.
Until now it was in /etc/rc.serial but this file is no longer called
from rc.sysinit.
Of course I can modify rc.sysinit but I'd like to make it a steady
change and follow the hint that the rc.sysinit RPM maintainer wrote
about udev.
So I just want to execute the setserial command for one serial port from
udev.

Tips for doing that are welcome.

Udo