[LinuxPPS] no rc.serial in F8

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Mon Nov 19 11:15:44 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 10:53:52AM +0100, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> It is not about the command itself but WHERE the command is executed.
> Until now it was in /etc/rc.serial but this file is no longer called
> from rc.sysinit.

I see.

> Of course I can modify rc.sysinit but I'd like to make it a steady
> change and follow the hint that the rc.sysinit RPM maintainer wrote
> about udev.
> So I just want to execute the setserial command for one serial port from
> udev.
>
> Tips for doing that are welcome.

What about in adding a special entry which enable/disable PPS
settings? You can add into boot (and shutdown) sequence:

	PPS sources: ttyS0, lp0.

accordingly a special configuration file for theh PPS subsystem
(i.e. /etc/pps.conf).

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127