[LinuxPPS] NTP not using PPS

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Mon Oct 22 19:55:38 CEST 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 04:37:17PM -0000, susmi sarah george wrote:
>     Hi,
>
>    I am using
>    Kernel :2.6.23rc2,
>    PPS patch: ntp -pps-2.6.23rc2.diff,

Please, try using latest LinuxPPS patch.

>    NTP version: ntp-4.2.4P4
>    I have complied the Kernel with Serial Driver,PPS support as a
>    module.Under the PPS SUPPORT I have selected PPS debugging message,UART
>    serial support.
>    I am using GPS Receiver TRIMBLE ACE 3 . The Receiver is Configured for
>    TSIP Output and PPS.Data and PPS from GPS receiver is fed to MAX232 and
>    output of MAX232 is fed to DCD pin of serial port.The serial port I have
>    used is ttys3.
>    I complied Ntp-4.2.4p4 with USE="parse_clocks"  then i have given like

Did you enabled PPSAPI?

>    this
>    ln -s /dev/ttyS3 /dev/refclock-3

This is not enought, you also need to tell to NTPD which is you PPS
source with something like:

   ln -s /dev/pps0 /dev/refclockpps-3

However the above command depends on your specific refclock.

Please, also verify that your refclock driver supports latest
LinuxPPS's API.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127