[LinuxPPS] NTP not using PPS

susmi sarah george sarah_13 at rediffmail.com
Tue Oct 23 19:13:40 CEST 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 Rodolfo Giometti wrote :
>On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 04:37:17PM -0000, susmi sarah george wrote:
> >     Hi,
> >
> >    I am using
> >    Kernel :2.6.23rc2,
> >    PPS patch: ntp -pps-2.6.23rc2.diff,
>
>Please, try using latest LinuxPPS patch.
       i dont have internet facility in my time server.so i cant use git method. so, please send me latest version of LINUXPPS- Patch.Currently i am using ntp-pps-2.6.23rc2.diff.

> >    NTP version: ntp-4.2.4P4
> >    I have complied the Kernel with Serial Driver,PPS support as a
> >    module.Under the PPS SUPPORT I have selected PPS debugging message,UART
> >    serial support.
> >    I am using GPS Receiver TRIMBLE ACE 3 . The Receiver is Configured for
> >    TSIP Output and PPS.Data and PPS from GPS receiver is fed to MAX232 and
> >    output of MAX232 is fed to DCD pin of serial port.The serial port I have
> >    used is ttys3.
> >    I complied Ntp-4.2.4p4 with USE="parse_clocks"  then i have given like
>
>Did you enabled PPSAPI?
       i dont know how to enable PPSAPI when we install NTP. but i have done following things for PPS

setserial /dev/ttyS3 hardpps
cat /sys/class/pps/pps0/path
/dev/ttyS3
./ppsctl /dev/ttyS3 enable.

    i got device link for pps(/dev/pps0).
The above mentioned things only i have done for PPS.

> >    this
> >    ln -s /dev/ttyS3 /dev/refclock-3
>
>This is not enought, you also need to tell to NTPD which is you PPS
>source with something like:
>
>    ln -s /dev/pps0 /dev/refclockpps-3
>
>However the above command depends on your specific refclock.

       i am using parse driver(Generic) for TSIP Support.I dont know how to give link for this driver.i tried above link,but result is same(No output related to PPS).
>Please, also verify that your refclock driver supports latest
>LinuxPPS's API.
     In that file (refclock_parse.c) i can see many things related to PPS.but i dont  know how to check that the driver supports Latest LinuxPPS API.

thanks
lola