[LinuxPPS] Kernel configuration etc.

Paul paul at lavender-fam.net
Sun Oct 28 21:00:48 CET 2007

I have a few queries regarding compilation of the PPS kernel, which are
not clear from the Wiki.

The example from the menuconfig always shows PPS Support as a module. Is
there any reason that it should not be compiled in? If so can I compile
in the 8250 driver?

If I compile in the PPS debugging messages I get regular output to the
screen about 'events'. Are these GPS 'events' (i.e. NMEA data) or PPS
'events' (i.e. one second clock ticks) or both. Is there any way to
switch off this debugging information other than by recompiling?

I am also assuming that if I recompile the kernel from the same source
there is no need to redo the links in the userland tools.

I am having problems seeing the assert and clear events, but I would
like to clear up these queries first.

Regards

Paul