[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS 5.3.1 test report :-(

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Sun Aug 3 08:29:17 CEST 2008

First of all, please subscribe the list before posting.

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 02:42:57PM -0400, George Spelvin wrote:
> I have to meet someone, but I tried to use my old v4.1.0 with Linux 2.6.26,
> and setserial hardpps crashed the machine.
>
> Okay, so I got the latest 5.3.1, and observed that when I ran the second
> ppsldisc, kaboom!  Kernel panic.
>
> Basic technique:
>
> ppsldisc /dev/ttyS0 &
> ppsldisc /dev/ttyS1 &
>
> I don't have time to try it again and reboot an important server at
> the moment, but I figured I'd send this in in case it happens
> for you, too.

No, I just tested my system with linux 2.6.27-rc1 and linuxpps 5.3.1
and it works correctly:

   giometti at jeeg:~/kernel/Documentation/pps$ sudo ./ppsldisc /dev/ttyS0 &
   [1] 2549
   giometti at jeeg:~/kernel/Documentation/pps$ sudo ./ppsldisc /dev/ttyS1 &
   [2] 2556
   giometti at jeeg:~/kernel/Documentation/pps$ ls /sys/class/pps/pps
   pps0/ pps1/
   giometti at jeeg:~/kernel/Documentation/pps$ cat /sys/class/pps/pps?/name
   serial0
   serial1

Someone else in this list got some similar problems?

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti