[LinuxPPS] Fw: linux-next inclusion (was: Re: Btrfs trees for linux-next)

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Fri Dec 12 10:29:37 CET 2008

----- Forwarded message from Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> -----
From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au>
To: Folkert van Heusden <folkert at vanheusden.com>
Cc: Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	Andrew Morton <akpm at linux-foundation.org>
Subject: linux-next inclusion (was: Re: Btrfs trees for linux-next)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:55:43 +1100

Hi Folkert,

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:47:33 +0100 Folkert van Heusden <folkert at vanheusden.com> wrote:

> What are the considerations for adding a patch to linux-next?

I only add git trees or quilt series that are hosted elsewhere i.e. I
don't carry individual patches or host trees myself.

The considerations are that all patches/commits in the tree/series must
have been:

	posted to a relevant mailing list
	reviewed
	unit tested
	destined for the next merge window (or the current release)

*before* they are included.  The linux-next tree is for integration
testing and to lower the impact of conflicts between subsystems on the
next merge window.

> Is the PPS patchset a potential candidate? (PPS is for timekeeping;
> syncing the internal clock to a PulsePerSecond timesource like an
> atomic clock or a gps receiver)

It would seem that it has potential.  I do understand that there is some
interaction between the PPS code and the tty code, so that would have to
be sorted out with Alan Cox (cc'd).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

----- End forwarded message -----

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail is een flexibele tool voor het volgen van logfiles en
uitvoer van commando's. Filteren, van kleur voorzien, mergen,