[LinuxPPS] 100hz versus 250hz kernel

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed Dec 31 20:43:43 CET 2008

> At 2.6.28 this is still the fact?

I dont know, but I would assume so.

> If so, do we know the right values for 250Hz?
> Then we could propose a kernel patch?

As noted, Ive been told that the appropriate patch may be in FreeBSD.
Whether its Numbers for each Clock choice, or some function, I dont know.
If we have anyone on this list that is also a FreeBSD guru, perhaps they can
respond.  Otherwise, its a matter of grubbing thru the FreeBSD clock code
looking
for something.

My gut feeling is that there isnt just a funciton that answers the question,
but rather that Dave came up with some parameters by playing with the
simulator.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com