[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS for kernel 2.6.26

Remco den Besten besten at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 16:43:05 CEST 2008

>>    This morning I discovered that kernel 2.6.26 was released and applied
>> the
>>    2.6.26-rc8 patch together with
>>    the ppsldisc and 'setserial &co" patch as described in Steve's posting
>> on
>>    Sun July 6th.
>>
>>    Although I see that PPS line discipline is enabled in 'dmesg' I cannot
>>    find a /sys/class/pps-tree.

>Did you enabled the PPS support into the kernel? Did you load the
>pps_core.ko module? At least you should see the /sys/class/pps/
>directory.
For 2.6.26 I used ntp-pps-2.6.26-rc8.diff, then applied ppsldisc, and then
'serial & co'.Yes, I did activate PPS support (not as a module, but built
into the kernel) andlow level IRQ support. Therefore no modules have to be
loaded. (I currently run 2.6.25.6 herewith the latest 'ter' patch built in,
without problems).Yes, I have /sys/class/pps, but this directory is
empty.Remco