[LinuxPPS] running 2.6.26 just fine, but what about nano?

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Jul 14 17:18:51 CEST 2008

I pulled the 2.6.26 source yesterday afternoon and applied the
ntp-pps-2.6.26-rc8.diff with no problems.

Everything seems to be running fine, the only change is that
the pps line discipline is now 18 rather than 17, viz

        ttyctrl -X -s 18 /dev/ttyS0

One question tho,- I thought we were going to get a nanosecond clock
in 2.6.26, and there are lots of indications that this may be true, namely
the variables

    CONFIG_UTS_NS
    CONFIG_IPC_NS
    CONFIG_USER_NS
    CONFIG_PID_NS

in the config file and scttered thru the kernel code.
BUT, I see no place to set these things in xconfig, and am a bit worried
about setting them directly that they may still be a coming attraction.

Anyone else been following this nanosecond thing and know whats going
on?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com