[LinuxPPS] running 2.6.26 just fine, but what about nano?

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Mon Jul 14 19:05:10 CEST 2008

On Monday 14 July 2008 08:57:11 am Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> > Anyone else been following this nanosecond thing and know whats going
> > on?
>
> Dunno. Isn't it an `always` on kinda thing?
> With the ntpd compiltion process finding the kernel headers etc?

I ran into this with rc8.  Yes it does appear to be an always thing and ntp
will be setup for NANO if it finds STA_NANO is defined and some other related
defines are set.  But you do have to make sure that the headers that ntp is
picking up have these things correctly defined and this may vary depending on
your distro.