[LinuxPPS] running 2.6.26 just fine, but what about nano?

Remco den Besten besten at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 20:20:43 CEST 2008

Hello Hal,

I saw your thread concerning STA_NANO. However, it is a little too far from my bed.
Having it running now with the latest LinuxPPS-version (perhaps in a 'Scooby Doo'-manner ;-)
was a discovery tour between all of you 'kernel hackers'.

Is it possible to publish a kind of cookbook recipe to include nano, e.g. assuming that
the (header) files linux, asm, asm-generic and timepps.h from rc8 are in the appropriate position?

What do I have to tell ntp(-dev) to include nano or have to edit in the ntpd-source files to get nano running?

Yours willing to experiment (by trial and error ;-),

Remco

  > Dunno. Isn't it an `always` on kinda thing?

  > With the ntpd compiltion process finding the kernel headers etc?

  I ran into this with rc8. Yes it does appear to be an always thing and ntp will be setup for NANO if it finds STA_NANO is defined and some other related defines are set. But you do have to make sure that the headers that ntp is picking up have these things correctly defined and this may vary depending on your distro.