[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS for kernel 2.6.26

Remco den Besten besten at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:32:56 CEST 2008

Ciao Rodolfo,

>>looking at your messages it seems to me that the flaying patches can
>>be merged into main tree, is that right? Can I published a new patch
>>against new 2.6.26? :)

That would be great, but is the '&' issue to be solved? Why do I have to
fork ttyctrl or
ppsldisc into the 'background' here? Perhaps it would be
 an idea that 'ttySx'-activation can be selected within the PPS driver menu.
Then an additional tool like ppsldisc or ttyctrl will be unnecessary?.
Perhaps also the
 low_latency can be set automagically when selecting PPS for a ttySx  port.

Something like this:

(x) PPS support
   (x) ttyS0
   (x) ttyS1