[LinuxPPS] Newbi questions. Testing without hardware and configureand build NTP with OnCore support?

Remco den Besten besten at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 07:56:02 CEST 2008

Hello Hal,

Look at http://rembl.org/index.php/2008/04/19/motorola-oncore-ut-and-linuxpps/
and give it a try.

Remco

  At this point I am trying to figure out how to build ntp so that it supports the OnCore. I think that ntp needs to have the parse-clocks use flag set (it is off by default) to build with PPS support but that does not appear to be enough since it refuses to configure for an ONCORE with this use flag. I have tried building it by hand and even with --enable-ONCORE it will not build the oncore driver. I get the following during configuration:

  checking for ONCORE Motorola VP/UT Oncore GPS... no

  I used the following configure command:

  ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-ONCORE --enable-SHM --enable-ipv6