[LinuxPPS] Found it, problem with current PPS code.

Cirilo Bernardo cirilo.bernardo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 00:42:30 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:39 AM,  <clemens at dwf.com> wrote:
[snip]
> In any case the call to tcgetattr, returns with the error message
>
>    tcgetattr: Invalid arguments
>
> I can follow this thru if necessary, but Ill assume that this is enough
> of a clue for you.  My assumption is that he device being pointed at
> (/dev/ttyS0) must not appear to be a tty.
>
> Not sure how easy this is going to be to correct.

About /dev/ttyS0 appearing not to be a tty, that will not work.
Although it's been over 7 months since I've looked at the ntp code, I
remember being frustrated that the device MUST be a tty because of
that tc{get,set}attr().  I can also remember that I couldn't just hack
it out because it did serve some purpose.

- Cirilo