[LinuxPPS] kernel does not see PPS on serial port

LICHTENBERGER Janos lityi at sas.elte.hu
Fri Mar 7 12:45:42 CET 2008

> I'm pretty sure you have to modify the NTPD driver.
>
> Since LinuxPPS 2.0.0 several changes has been done aven on RFC
> interpretation! :)
>
> All NTPD drivers now should support the "alternate PPS device", this
> allows fully compatibility with LinuxPPS.

Well, if this is true (and I believe you) I'm in great trouble, because I
have no expertize neither in ntpd refclocks nor in their patching. As I
mentioned,  I found the patch  - if not in your page, probably somewhere
on the net, but it was almost 3 years ago...

Ciao,

Janos
--
Dr. János Lichtenberger