[LinuxPPS] kernel does not see PPS on serial port

LICHTENBERGER Janos lityi at sas.elte.hu
Fri Mar 7 13:21:58 CET 2008

> 3 years ago?  That will probably not be Rodolfo's new RFC-compliant
> Linux_PPS.

The 'Copyright' in pps.c is of Rodolfo

But I couldn't find the source of jupiter patch. I attach it for two
reasons: someone can use it with the old kernel or you may recognize the
author.

> We need to determine if the problem is with NTPD or earlier.  While
> 'cat /dev/ttyS0 &'  (or whatever ttyS* your GPS is on) is running,
> check the sysfs interface to see if pps_core has created the pps0
> device and is recording new events.  If it is, then the problem is
> with the NTPD refclock drivers.  If pps_core is not seeing events,
> then something may be disabling your UART modem control lines. (Are
> there any serial port configuration experts here?)

I did the experiment, pps0 was created and both assert and clean saw
events. Thus the conclusion is the same as before, refclock driver is
wrong.

Ciao,

Janos

Dr. János Lichtenberger