[LinuxPPS] Interrupt problems?

Remco den Besten besten at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:30:55 CET 2008

I always have a few (0 - 15) microseconds jitter, and I run my ntpd also
on a web/file/etc-server.

Here I have ntpd locked onto GPS-PPS and get 'the time' from DCF:
ntpq -p
jitter
+SHM(0)          .DCF.            0 l   41   64  377    0.000    0.659
0.202
oPPS(1)          .GPPS.           0 l   15   64  377    0.000   -0.081
0.012
*snip*

Depending upon the temperature gradient, load of the server and traffic
intensity
the offset 'jitters' between +/- 200 usec = +/- 0.1 msec. With DCF only I
have
+/- 2.5 msec, so with my PPS is '10 times better'.
And.... I configured the kernel with 100 Hz (make menuconfig and the
processor menu)) ticks.