[LinuxPPS] setting an offset

Bernhard Schiffner bernhard at schiffner-limbach.de
Wed Mar 26 10:29:55 CET 2008

Am Mittwoch, 26. März 2008 07:46 schrieb Rodolfo Giometti:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:35:16AM +1000, James Boddington wrote:
> > Is there any documentation for setting a static offset with linuxpps?
> > Looking at the code it seems to be supported.
>
> No. But you can take a look at RFC.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Rodolfo

If I read the code right, the static offset is something local to ntpd.
refclock_atom.c about line 409: "SAMPLE(dtemp + pp->fudgetime1);"

Means ntpd adds some value to the pps-readout.

The interrupt (DCD-signal) is only shifted if the hardware of a pps-source
is (can be) configured properly.

Nice test if fudge1 accepts ns (for cable delay compensation).
Hopefully (>50) µs for real shifting.

I didn't test it.

IMHO there is no need for linuxpps to have an offset inside.

Bernhard