[LinuxPPS] not a linuxPPS problem, but...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu Nov 20 10:54:39 CET 2008

Im not sure what is going on here, and am looking for some ideas.
Ive posted to linux-kernel also, hoping that someone there knows
what I am doing wrong.

But basically, I had a working linuxPPS install, which 'suddenly'
stopped working.  No PPS.  Looking at /sys and /proc, I dont see pps
mentioned.

Not having any idea what happened, I decided to rebuild the kernel,
and built linux-2.6.27.5 with the most recent linuxPPS changes.

The kernel builds fine, installs fine, but dies when you try to boot
it.  It puts out about a 1/2 dozen lines, and then:

	<snip>
	Unable to access resume device (/dev/sda5)
	Mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
	<snip>

I only show these first two lines, as I had to copy them down by hand.

In any case, I rebuilt 2.6.27.5 WITHOUT the linuxPPS changes,
and got exactly the same error.  So, this is not linuxPPS, but what
is it??????

I can remember getting the same messages a couple of years
ago when I was first setting up a diskless machine, but thats not
helping me right now...

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com