[LinuxPPS] not a linuxPPS problem, but...

Robert Jenkins raj at jrw.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 12:18:51 CET 2008

I've had similar problems on a CentOS system with an Intel Atom / ICH7(?)
chipset board.

The kernel IDE / ATA / SATA drivers have been re-arranged somehow in recent
kernels and there is either a missing driver or conflict preventing the hard
drive being seen at boot.

Not knowing the exact system, it could be a kernel config problem or it
could just be you need a different module & a new initrd to have the correct
driver working during the boot sequence.

I've not managed to build a working kernel for that board yet, so I'm also
stuck with the next step...

Robert.