[LinuxPPS] PPS/ntpd fails on fresh startup

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Tue Oct 14 10:04:06 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 03:47:23PM +0200, Luca Bertagnolio wrote:
> Rodolfo, when you have a minute can you comment on my issue?

Hi. If you wish I replay sooner, please put my e-mail address in
Cc. :)

> Why would LinuxPPS fail at the first startup, and work the second time?

I actually don't know why... but we have too much actors in this
scene, we should try each part alone.

If you don't use NTPD, can you see PPS signal arrive each time you
create the PPS source?

Another suggestion: as bluetooth devices do, try keeping ppsldisc
alive until NTPD runs. You can copy the relevant code from your
/etc/init.d/bluetooth init script when it manages the hciattach
command.

Let me know,

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti