[LinuxPPS] Trying to get parallel port client working on 2.6.26

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Sep 19 23:17:42 CEST 2008

OK, this is something that I knew once, but forgot when I was trying to
test the parallel port myself.

On the SERIAL port, the PPS signal is active POSITIVE.

On the PARALLEL port the PPS signal is active NEGATIVE.

(I sure hope I havent got that reversed).
In any case, a signal that will work on one wont work on the other.
Be sure with your scope/digitalVM/LED that the sign of the pulse is correct.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com