[LinuxPPS] Trying to get parallel port client working on 2.6.26

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Fri Sep 19 23:36:20 CEST 2008

On Friday 19 September 2008 02:17:42 pm clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> OK, this is something that I knew once, but forgot when I was trying to
> test the parallel port myself.
>
> On the SERIAL port, the PPS signal is active POSITIVE.

This is definitely correct if you are using the assert event but you can also
use an inverted signal (IE. a PPS pulse that goes from zero to -5V) but you
have to use the clear event and not the assert event.  Remco has his OnCOre
UT+ hocked up this way because he has an inverter between the GPS and the DCD
pin.

See http://rembl.org/index.php/2008/04/19/motorola-oncore-ut-and-linuxpps/