[LinuxPPS] PPS next steps...

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Thu Feb 19 18:54:10 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:47:50PM -0500, George Spelvin wrote:
> Rodolfo Giometti <giometti at enneenne.com> wrote:
> > Can you please ask to Andrew Morton and Alan Cox what they think about
> > this issue? I agree with them. ;)
>
> Er... why should they care about the format of data from /dev/pps0?
> I asked Alan about serial driver stuff because he had expressed an
> interest.  I don't think he cares about this detail.

Please, don't consider me paranoic :D but each time I tried to add a
new features I got objections to inclusion!

LinuxPPS interface seems quite accepted by everyone and changing it
again just right now may get some NACKs... that's why I asked to you
to ask to them before doing it.

OTOH, if you are sure that what you are doing is so correct that
nobody may object anything, it's ok for me too.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti