[LinuxPPS] building ntpd for debian with nmea patch applied

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Sun Jan 11 19:40:25 CET 2009

> > Trying to build the latest version of ntpd in debian with the nmea-patch
> > applied. Can't get it to work: it ignores the PPS device. lsof shows
> > that ntpd does not open it. Previous version still works.
> > What I did was:
> > - apt-get source ntp
> > - applied udo's nmea patch from
> > http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/refclocks/nmea/nmea.patch - added
> > "LDFLAGS += -lrt" to ntp-4.2.4p4+dfsg/debian/rules
> > - build the package with:
> > - debuild -us -uc -d
> > - installed it and restarted ntpd
> > I verified with strace that it doesn't even try to open /dev/pps0.
> >
> > Anyone got a hint what I'm doing wrong here?
>
> Is it configured so that it has support for reference clocks built in?  Most
> distros do not build ntp with refclock support.

Yes, debian includes all refclocks.
I gave up though on creating a debian-package as putting it on its own
in /usr/local/ntp works fine too. Advantage is that apt-get update wont
replace it by a non-pps version.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail na wan makriki wrokosani fu tan luku den logfile nanga san
den commando spiti puru. Piki puru spesrutu sani, wroko nanga difrenti