[LinuxPPS] unofficial Test patch for linux v2.6.30-rc6

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed May 20 07:18:36 CEST 2009

William S. Brasher wrote:
> I have installed kernel 2.6.30-rc6 patched with ntp-pps-v2.6.30-rc5

I.e.: the patch that Rodolfo posted here.

> and
> pps seems to be working fine with ntp-4.2.4p7 and glibc-2.9.
>

> The first time I ran ppsldisc I got the following in the logs:

Hmm. Are you sure ppsldisc, etc were compiled with the same code as the
patch? (I mean, ppsldisc was not lying around from a previous release?)

This WARNING thingie did not reappear? And if you reboot?
Maybe just use `ldattach 18 /dev/ttyS0` instead to see if the ppsldisc
or LinuxPPS code is at fault?

Udo