[LinuxPPS] unofficial Test patch for linux v2.6.30-rc6

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed May 20 16:28:11 CEST 2009

William S. Brasher wrote:
> The programs ppsldisc et al were compiled in the Document/pps directory
(...)
> The new, patched ntp-4.2.4p7 was also built with the new headers in place.

Looks like you did the rigth things...

> The first time I booted the new kernel and started ppsldisc I received
> that warning in the logs.  I have rebooted  that machine since then and
> both pps and ntp started on boot, and did not generate any warnings.

Hmm. Maybe it is the similar thing to teh linux-kernel report that I
posted. Rodolfo also wrote it doesn't look LinuxPPS related.

> That is actually a lot better that previous versions of the patch:  for
> some reason I've been unable to uncover, yet, ntp/pps tends to hang on my
> machines and require manual operator intervention to get started.

That is strange.
What do you mean with 'hang'? Stops to respond completely?
Or? What happens, what doesn't? When?

Kind regards,
Udo