[LinuxPPS] PPS on a recent kernel

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sun Oct 18 06:56:55 CEST 2009

Sorry if this appears twice,- I sent it to Shane and the list earlier
today, and never saw it appear on the list.

---

> Hey all,
>
> Just trying to get PPS going on a 2.6.31/32rc kernel and am
> having some trouble. The PPS patches on the ftp site are
> for 2.6.28 and gitweb appears broken. That is, according to
> gitweb, it was last changed in February and I can't do a
> clone.
>
> $ git clone git://git.enneenne.com/linuxpps linuxpps
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/shane/kernel/git/linuxpps/.git/
> git.enneenne.com[0: 81.174.11.161]: errno=Connection refused
> fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)
>
> And yet, it appears bits of PPS were merged to mainline so
> it must still be maintained. Just wondering what I need to
> do. I am working from the documentation on the PPS wiki.

Let me respond from my experience.
My most recent working linuxPPS is based on 2.67.28.3 and the patches you have
found out on the WEB.

More recently there were patches posted to the linuxPPS mailing list against
2.6.31, but I get a failure in time_pps_create with these patches.

I APPEAR to have had problems with 2.6.28.9, so if you are trying to get a
working linuxPPS I would go all the way back to 2.6.28.3.

Of course, as is always the case: Your mileage may vary.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com