[LinuxPPS] PPS on a recent kernel

William S. Brasher billb958 at door.net
Sun Oct 18 22:16:48 CEST 2009

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009, Shane W wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 05:08:59AM -0500, William S. Brasher wrote:
> > Linux-2.6.31 was patched with 9 patches Rodolfo Giometti sent to
> > the LinuxPPS mailing list Wednesday, September 16 2009, and may
> > be found in the archives with the following subject headings:
>
> Ok this is now getting OT but how does one extract these
> patches from the archives? Pipermail has htmlized the
> patches as they aren't attachments and there is no mbox
> download. I tried downloading the gzipped text version of
> september and running through formail -ds but it didn't
> make a valid mbox.
>
> Cheers,
> Shane

Of course, I just saved the original message when it arrived... :)

But, I was just able to open one of the patches using Firefox, selected
the contents so it was copied to the clipboard, and then pasted that into
a new document under vi (vim).

I saved that doc, compared it to the original one that arrived from the
list, and except for a header that is not in the one on the archive, and a
couple of email addresses that are munged in the archive, the two copies
are the same.

Meaning that I was able to get the patch with the white space preserved,