[LinuxPPS] Partial success 2.6.31.4

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Oct 19 07:50:18 CEST 2009

Its late here, and Im to the point where I really dont trust what Im doing,
but I thought I would report at least a partial success with the current
linuxPPS in 2.6.31.4

The important thing seems to be to recompile EVERYTHING in the user area,
Im not sure whicn are important, but obviously ntpd, ppsldisc, ...

At the moment I have the kernel routines PARTIALLY working.
Im not sure what is going on, thats for me to try to find out tomorrow
morning, but I do a time_pps_setparams, to only return ASSERT events,
and watching the output with my ppsapitest, I see this on an immeciate
time_pps_getparams, but then it changes to BOTH assert and clear.

This is causing some complaints from within ntpd,- but Ill try to run
it down, or at least isolate it better tomorrow.

Just thought the progress report would be useful.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com