[LinuxPPS] New (beta) patchset for kernel 2.6.31

Luca Bertagnolio time at berta.com
Thu Sep 17 01:00:31 CEST 2009

After rebooting with the new patches applied to a stock 2.6.31-gentoo kernel,
everything seems to be working fine, as far as LinuxPPS is concerned.  Did
not try with ntpd yet.

Both the pps_core and pps_ldisc modules load well, and the ldattach now works
and correctly creates /dev/pps0 and all the /sys/class/pps devices and files.

My Garmin GPS18LVC shows well on the DCD line, with assert and clear
working as expected.

No userland code was compiled, as the Gentoo stock ldattach (2.14.1) works
fine, albeit the issue with ntpd still needs to be verified.  I have
also compiled
a patched ldattach from 2.16.1 and I plan to use that for further
tests with ntpd.

That's all for now, time to go to bed!

Let me know what other tests I should run, eager to help if possible.

Grazie mille Rodolfo, much appreciate you taking the time to send out the
patches.  Keep up the good work!

Ciao, Luca