[LinuxPPS] New (beta) patchset for kernel 2.6.31

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Thu Sep 17 09:59:04 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 01:00:31AM +0200, Luca Bertagnolio wrote:
> After rebooting with the new patches applied to a stock 2.6.31-gentoo kernel,
> everything seems to be working fine, as far as LinuxPPS is concerned.  Did
> not try with ntpd yet.
>
> Both the pps_core and pps_ldisc modules load well, and the ldattach now works
> and correctly creates /dev/pps0 and all the /sys/class/pps devices and files.
>
> My Garmin GPS18LVC shows well on the DCD line, with assert and clear
> working as expected.
>
> No userland code was compiled, as the Gentoo stock ldattach (2.14.1) works
> fine, albeit the issue with ntpd still needs to be verified.  I have
> also compiled
> a patched ldattach from 2.16.1 and I plan to use that for further
> tests with ntpd.
>
> That's all for now, time to go to bed!
>
> Let me know what other tests I should run, eager to help if possible.

I rewrote the PPS_IRQ_EVENTS support and I need to know if it still
works.

Please test it and report results.

> Grazie mille Rodolfo, much appreciate you taking the time to send out the
> patches.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti
Freelance ICT Italia - Consulente ICT Italia - www.consulenti-ict.it