[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS new functionalities

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 18 18:26:46 CET 2010

On 2010-02-18 18:15, clemens at dwf.com wrote:
>> Can you please comment on how well this patchset works w.r.t. opening
>> the serial port with ppsldisc and/or ldattach and ntpd seeing pps or not?
>>
>> I.e.: does ldattach work well? (any issues?)
>> If not: does ppsldisc work better? (any issues?)
>>
>> Please post.
> I am using ppsldisc, and am having no problems at all on 4machines 32/64bit.
> As such, Ive had no reason to try ldattach.

In the past some people here noticed issues that pps would stop and/or
that ldattach would not work well enough.
ppsldisc is depreciated and ldattach is the preferred tool.
I'd gladly use it if it would work 100%. (there was a bug that I can not
put my finger on, ldattach just opens the serial port with the right
line discipline and yet it differs from ppsldisc in behaviour)

Udo