[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS/Funtoo (Gentoo derivative)

Andrew D Kirch trelane at trelane.net
Tue Mar 16 19:37:06 CET 2010

I've gone through the LinuxPPS instructions, and gotten to the point
where I need to run 'ldattach'.  I'm getting the following output from
'ldattach' and no /dev/ppsN devices.

time ~ # ldattach 18 /dev/ttyS0
ldattach: cannot set line discipline: Invalid argument

This is obviously preventing the creation of /dev/pps0 /dev/pps1 as
described in the manual.  I'm using the latest kernel source,  pps-tools
(which compiles correctly), and have set up kernel headers and
recompiled util-linux 2.16.2 against them.

Andrew