[LinuxPPS] multiple access to /dev/ppsN entries

Alexander Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Mon Mar 22 22:22:28 CET 2010

Hi George,

В 19 Mar 2010 09:13:24 -0400
"George Spelvin" <linux at horizon.com> пишет:

> On 2010-03-19 13:23, George Spelvin wrote:
> >> Ah, good point.  The current linuxpps patches don't have kernel
> >> consumers
>
> > Of course we're all aware of Alexander Gordeev's patches for
> > exactly this. This means we *can* test with this feature.
>
> Ah.  That's going to take some careful patch merging, then.
>
> Already, I'm not quite sure what to develop on top of.
> Does anyone have a particular git commit to suggest?
>
> I'm currently using linuxpps git HEAD
> (25fedfb4dc6bf5789f7377bb18f72ed2aeb5a3a1, dated 2009-12-02), and
> merging it into v2.6.33 manually (a non-trivial merge), then working
> on top of that.

I have a git repository with a merged patchset:
http://lvk.cs.msu.su/~lasaine/timesync/linux-2.6-timesync.git
The right branch is 'pps-timesync'.

You can also get the merged patchset here:
http://lvk.cs.msu.su/~lasaine/timesync/patches/patch-2.6.33-pps536-ts12.tar.gz

BTW I used the latest pacthes that Rodolfo sent to LKML, these ones I
IIRC: http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/2/25/134

Looking forward for your feedback. :)

--
  Alexander