[LinuxPPS] RIPE NCC interface: needing help

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri May 21 07:03:42 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-20 20:37, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> May I get some instructions how to start?

See the wiki, depending on kernel version.

> Which kernel version should I use,

The latest.

> which specific patch is to apply

2.6.34 is supposed to have full pps support, I guess.
See http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.34 and
notice: serial 8250: enable PPS support, pps: serial clients support,
pps: LinuxPPS clients support, etc.

Maybe Rodolfo can confirm c.q. explain?
Do we still need an additional patch for the for/basic kernel pps
facilities? (I doubt it)
I can adapt the wiki if we know more about the current situation.

> and
> where to download it from?

See the wiki. Also keep an eye on this list.

> (I don't know if the latest LinuxPPS version support "old API".)

It doesn't.

Kind regards,
Udo