[LinuxPPS] RIPE NCC interface: needing help

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri May 21 09:03:12 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-21 08:44, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply. :-)
>
>>> (I don't know if the latest LinuxPPS version support "old API".)
>>
>> It doesn't.
>
> Oooops!
> That means I cannot use hardware specific RIPENCC driver of ntpd,
> doesn't it?

?
`Old API` refers to, AFAIK, LinuxPPS implementation. The LinuxPPS code
went through a number of incarnations before it became what it currently is.
So if ntpd supports your GPS and if you can interface the PPS line of
the GPS to your PC so that LinuxPPS can measure and count the pulses
things should work.

Udo