[LinuxPPS] RIPE NCC interface: needing help

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu
Fri May 21 09:34:45 CEST 2010

> > That means I cannot use hardware specific RIPENCC driver of ntpd,
> > doesn't it?
>
> ?
> `Old API` refers to, AFAIK, LinuxPPS implementation. The LinuxPPS code
> went through a number of incarnations before it became what it currently is.
> So if ntpd supports your GPS and if you can interface the PPS line of
> the GPS to your PC so that LinuxPPS can measure and count the pulses
> things should work.

Certainly. However at this moment RIPENCC driver is not compiled in
by default. (I mean Debian package.)
I tried to recompile ntpd yesterday a few times but it failed because
vital C header files are missing. (timepps.h and others)
Now I slow down and I try to figure out the next step.

I did not test generic PPS driver yet...

Gabor