[LinuxPPS] RIPE NCC interface: needing help

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu
Tue May 25 14:06:10 CEST 2010

> With the patch or using the latest ntpd it should use /dev/gps0 for the
> NMEA data stream and /dev/gpspps0 to tap into the pps signal.
>
> If the drievr you want to use has the same original setup (data and
> pulse on one serial port) it can be changed for the LinuxPPS approach as
> was done in the NMEA refclock.

Done. It seems to work.
Patch against ntp-4.2.6 is attached. It incorporates Rodolfo's
changes too (at
http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/projects/refclock_ripencc/patch.ntp-4.2.0a+stable-refclock_ripencc.c)

Serial device is /dev/gps$UNIT
PPS device is /dev/gpspps$UNIT or found automatically or
falling back to serial dev.

However I don't know (yet) how to calibrate cable and circuit
delay of PPS signal.
And how to check if everything is correct?
How to measure refclock quality at all?

Folks! Could you suggest further readings?

Regards

Gabor