[LinuxPPS] FW: Linux PPS with Garmin 18xLVC using 2.6.35.7 linux Kernel

Kent Headley headley at mbari.org
Fri Oct 29 18:19:56 CEST 2010

Thank you very much Rodolfo - This definitively answers my question!
I will keep this in mind as I choose different hardware to work from.

In another note, you said that using USB for PPS is wrong...I'm not familiar
enough with USB to understand why it can't work.

Is it due to latencies in the signal chain or implementation differences
that make it non-deterministic?

Thanks again for taking time to answer, and for your great work on linuxPPS.

Cheers,
Kent