[LinuxPPS] Attaching PPS to the Kernel

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Fri Apr 1 09:49:07 CEST 2011

Well, I no longer understand how this was supposed to work.
Yes each of the WWVB/Parse/NMEA/mx4200 drivers have calls to
time_pps_fetch, which is the PPSAPI call to get the time of the
PPS signal.

But note that ATOM/Parse/NMEA/PARSE/WWVB also refer to the routine refclock_pps
which also has a call to  tme_pps_fetch.

and that NMEA/PARSE/WWVB contain an #include refclock_atom.h which is
filled in by the atom driver using refclock_pps and returned to the calling
driver.

Confusing.
But Dave Mills loves his ATOM driver.

One would have to step thru this code more carefully to see what is really
going on,
but I truly believe that these drivers want to use the ATOM driver.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com