[LinuxPPS] Attaching PPS to the Kernel

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Fri Apr 1 05:43:26 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 00:53 UTC, Reg Clemens <reg at dwf.com> wrote:
> First, to use PPS with anything except the ONCORE driver, you also need the
> PPS driver, so add it to your configure line.

That's not true.  Other drivers have integrated PPSAPI support so that
you get full-service PPS (including the o instead of * in peers
billboard, and kernel PPS discipline if available) without using the
PPS/atom/#22 driver.  In particular, I know 20 (NMEA), 8 (parse), and
4 (spectracomm/WWVB) all support PPSAPI using largely common code with
the PPS driver 22.

Happy April Fools Day (UTC).  This is no joke.

Cheers,
Dave Hart