[LinuxPPS] Best practice and hardware recommendation for PPS input

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Thu Dec 13 01:49:16 CET 2012

Well, I dont know if this is of much use to you, but my opinion is that
the best PPS receivers have always been the Oncore's which were
manufactured by Motorola.  Someone else (I dont remember who)
took up the manufacturing of these units when Motorola stopped,
So I will assume they are still available.

That said, The precision you see in a NTP server will depend more
on the interrupt time of the system than the performance of the
receiver.  Getting much better than 1us is just about impossible
with standard hardware.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com