[LinuxPPS] PPS SC16IS7X2

Nial Peters nonbiostudent at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:25:53 CEST 2012

Thanks for the quick reply.

> I suppose it lacks PPS support. See function uart_handle_dcd_change in
> serial_core.c.

uart_handle_dcd_change seems to be defined inline in serial_core.h for some reason. There are no calls to it inside the sc16is7x2.c file, so I guess you are right - no pps support :(

Is this something that would be relatively easy to patch into the sc16is7x2 driver? I'd be willing to have a go at this, but other than a basic grasp of C I am pretty clueless so would need some pointers. Would it be as simple as adding calls to uart_handle_dcd_change function to the sc16is7x2.c file?

Otherwise, would my best option be to put the GPS PPS line onto a GPIO pin and try using the pps-gpio client?

Thanks again,
Nial